Scholarship Purpose and Eligibility
To provide Scholarships to qualified applicants who are pursuing a Trade School, an Undergraduate or Graduate Degree and are enrolled as a full-time student (12 semester hour minimum) in the approaching Semester.
Open to any GOMA paid member, spouse, children, step children and grandchildren pursuing Post-Secondary Education which can include Trade School, Community College, University and Graduate Level Education.
Students who do not currently have a Cumulative (Unweighted) GPA of at least 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) are not eligible.
Eligible Education Institutions
The Educational Institutions must be accredited in the upcoming academic year, and listed in College Navigator: (http://nces.ed.gov/globallocator/) in order to qualify for this GOMA Scholarship.
- Must have a Minimum Cumulative GPA (Unweighted) of at least 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Complete a short essay 500 words on the following topic: What are your academic and/or career goals?
- Complete and sign the official application.
- If you are both the Applicant & the Membership Sponsor complete both sections as self.
- Provide verification of the school you have been accepted to and will be attending.
- High School Seniors: Attach your Final High School Transcripts.
- Current Students attending Secondary Education: Attach your Latest Semester completed Transcripts.
- Ensure that the sponsor information is complete, accurate and signed.
- Mail the completed Application and all required Transcripts to the address shown on the application.
- All Sponsors membership dues must be paid up to date in the GOMA.
- GOMA Sponsors provide all sponsorship data on the applications, as required.
Preliminary Approved Applications – Names will be Posted on this Website
If your Applicant is selected, your name will be posted on the GOMA Website. An “Official Proof of Enrollment Letter” from the educational institution for the approaching Semester will be required to be sent to the GOMA Scholarship Committee. This “Official Proof of Enrollment Letter” and the Trade School/College/University “OFFICE” mailing address must be included. .
The GOMA will establish the amount of the Scholarship once all documentation is reviewed. The final list of scholarship recipients will be posted on the GOMA Website soon after the deadline and will also be posted in the quarterly association newsletter. The GOMA Board will determine the amount of the Scholarship based on funds available.
- All decisions by the Scholarship Committee are final and are subject to review by the GOMA Board.
- The Scholarship Committee will strictly observe all eligibility criteria and requirements, to ensure compliance.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered by the committee, nor will they be returned for corrections.
- Approved Applicants will receive a notification letter and the list will be posted to the GOMA Website.
- If you have a change of mailing address or email, notify the GOMA Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sending your Application/Transmittals by “Registered/Certified Mail” is not required. If a delivery receipt is required, recommended scholarship correspondence via USPS “Priority Mail”.
- All questions, should be emailed to the Scholarship Committee Chairman at email@example.com